In April 2015 RWS Ltd RWS Ltd decided to invest in one of the latest building thermal image cameras offered by FLIR Flir Site. The camera measures radiation emitted from its source and can provide temperatures and identify hot and cold spots. This procedure is also known as ‘Thermography’ or a ‘thermographic survey’.
RWS quickly identified uses for this type of technology, both in our fault-finding surveys and to provide further satisfactory evidence to complete a job.
Sectors that can benefit from thermographic survey:
- General building Surveys
- Damp, Porous surfaces, flat roof defects, window and door defects, insulation defects and areas of poor insulating performance.
- Electrical Works
- Identifying faults in electrical systems including fuse boards and fixed-wire faults.
- Air conditioning
- Identifying faulty condensate pipework and possible leaks.
- Ground Works
- Identifying those hidden services not always detected with a cat & genny.
- Building Services
- Radiator performance, water leaks, underfloor heating tracks.
- Energy Performance
- Poor insulated areas, areas of air leakage, poor detailing and defective insulated facades.
The point of an infa red thermography survey is to be non-intrusive. This means that although not an x-ray camera it can find faults and issues within the wall up to a certain depth depending on the construction and fault without the need for removing finishes or fixtures.
Staff from RWS Ltd RWS Ltd also attended the Infrared Training Centre level 1 training course ITC Training Courses and are now qualified and certificated in the use of thermal imaging equipment for both qualitative and quantitive surveys. In this instance ‘qualitative’ refers to what the image shows and the information depicted. ‘Quantitive’ refers to the accurate thermal measurements taken and assessments based on those readings.
RWS Ltd have implemented the use of the FLIR tools and software, which helps us to generate fast and easy-to-understand reports. The software also takes the thermal image and places it next to a standard digital photograph, helping to clarify the problems in a simple, visible format
If you wish to talk to RWS Ltd regarding the use thermographic survey then please contact us on 01733 351136 or firstname.lastname@example.org