Projects Co-ordinator role
To ensure all project related functions are monitored and maintained.
Prior to commencement:
- Visit site to put a plan in place to ensure labour has relevant access and welfare amenities, identify any need for special measures such as out of hours working/ noise control/special lifting etc. Ensure materials delivery requirements, skip access, environmental controls.
- Record all findings as a site meeting document distributed to all parties.
- Provide any relevant Risk Assessment information to the H&S Adviser to include in the site specific RAMs
- Agree a defined work schedule, with the Project Director and record this to ensure site teams have full details of the work required.
- Set up and maintain project files
Whilst the project is in progress:
- Go to site on a regular basis to monitor progress throughout the life of the project, agreeing and documenting any changes/additions with clients and site supervision.
Overview of projects:
- Monitor the progress of all projects, with Project Manager
- Help to set up project meetings, take minutes and distribute
- Provide the Project Director with reports on progress of all projects – including financial information, charts and diagrams.
- Identifying any issues or problems and help to provide solutions to resolve these, together with maintaining all relevant KPIs related to the projects function.
Website and Sales & Marketing:
- Working with the Projects Director to help update customer information after Sales & Marketing campaigns have been sent out, collate information for website news items and suggest improvements where necessary, help to develop professional presentations as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Project/Construction Management
- Knowledge of the building industry
- Familiar with construction methods and building codes
- Experience of working within a building/construction company an advantage, ideally project coordination
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to report project status succinctly, highlighting information of particular importance
- Able to follow established procedures and processes, and also to recommend and develop improvements and new systems as appropriate.
- Able to see the big picture and project objectives, including working within time restrictions, proactive in nature, persuasive.
- Methodical and motivated to finish tasks, able to anticipate problems and risks in advance and keep projects on track
- Skilled in the use of MSProject, Powerpoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
Demonstrate willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organisational skills
- Valid UK Driving licence essential