Operations Co-ordinator role
Overview the running of the operational areas of sites, including the main office.
- In agreement with the Projects Team and Contractors to make the most efficient use of people and time in order to meet project deadlines, through effective coordination and scheduling
- Oversee site specific operations such as Visa applications, transport and travel arrangements.
- Planning routes/locations/teams where projects are multi location, multi team.
Appoint and coordinate specialist third party Consultants:
Ensure RWS receive advice and support in these specialist functions and activities, appropriate to the needs of the company. Engage their services on an appropriate basis and meet them regularly, taking minutes of all meetings, distributing these as required and ensuring all actions identified are completed by those responsible within the deadlines agreed. Maintaining KPIs and identifying improvements and efficient alternatives to these.
- IT – Quarterly review meetings to identify any issues and any system improvements needed, with particular reference to improving workflow and maintaining, and improving, the 27001 Information Security Management System in place.
- HR – Monthly meetings to identify and action any improvements to existing HR related documents and processes, including changes to Contracts/Job Descriptions as a result of legislation changes.
- Telecoms – Review of current systems on an annual basis, to include landlines and mobile phones. Researching current and future requirements and advances in technology.
- ISO Support – Monthly meetings to plan and implement any changes and improvements needed to the Quality Management and Information Security Management Systems currently in place.
Review all regularly used documentation to improve the efficiency of information sharing and gathering
Monitor and reviewing all processes for ongoing improvement and workflow efficiency
Maintaining ISO Standards, with ISO Support and ensuring any Internal Audit actions are completed within agreed timescales and recording these on the Continuous Improvement Plan. Ensuring day-to-day procedures and policies are maintained and helping to identify, and recommend, any improvements.
Identifying and agreeing relevant training with all employees and keeping records up-to-date, including H&S training requirements for all Subcontractors
Maintenance of CITB Levy training records and grant claims
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Project/Construction Management
- Knowledge of the building industry
- Familiar with construction methods and building codes
- Experience of working within a building/construction company an advantage, ideally project coordination
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to report project status succinctly, highlighting information of particular importance
- Able to follow established procedures and processes, and also to recommend and develop improvements and new systems as appropriate
- Able to see the big picture and operational objectives, as well as being comfortable working with detail
- Interested in understanding and analysing information before initiating and taking action
- Methodical and motivated to finish tasks, able to anticipate problems and risks in advance and keep operations on track
- Skilled in the use of MSProject, Powerpoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organisational skills
- Valid UK Driving licence essential